£4,750 pcm excl
This is a beautifully restored period country house. Situated on a quiet rural lane amidst the South Downs National Park. Dating from the Seventeenth Century and constructed of local dressed stone and oak timber framing.
The property sits within a 2 acre plot surrounded by fields and woodland. The garden is well planted in the traditional cottage style with a large lawn to the rear leading to a paddock.
This delightful property is a short drive [4 miles] from the historic town of Petworth with its wealth of small shops, and eateries or Wisborough Green [3 miles] with its quintessential English cricket pitch and pubs.
The property is now offered for rental having undergone a complete restoration to modernise yet at the same time enhance the period character of the property. With the installation of new kitchen, bathrooms, new heating and high-pressure water system, lighting and electrics and recarpeted throughout, with the addition of the garage being stylishly converted into a fully heated and refurbished large games room/gym.
Externally the property is well lit to the front and rear with sensor and timed operated lighting.
There is ample parking to both the front and rear of the property with the addition of two timber building for storage.
• There are excellent road and rail network links. Haslemere and Billinghurst stations, serving London Waterloo and Victoria via Gatwick.
• Gatwick airport is an easy 50min drive by car.
• Cowdray Park Midhurst with both Polo and golf course.
• Nearby Goodwood 15 miles away offering horse racing, motor sport, golf courses and country club.
• The coast with Chichester harbour and West Wittering are approximately 18 miles to the south.
• Ample opportunity for horse riding locally along with a host of footpaths and cycle routes.
• There are a number of independent schools within easy reach including Dorset house, Seaford College, Great Ballard and Cranleigh.
The Country House Company worked incredibly hard to secure us our dream house in Hambledon and we could not be more grateful. Kate was incredibly knowledgeable and open about the house and its history, the local area and the market. We were kept in the loop on communications with the vendor, we never needed to chase and felt that whilst the vendors wishes were communicated and respected our cause was similarly championed which ultimately resulted the best outcome for all. If and when we choose to sell our home, we won’t be going anywhere else. Our experience demonstrates that getting the right team on the case makes all the difference. Thank you Kate and the team at The Country House Company!View all testimonials