Nr Milton Abbas, Dorchester, Dorset
£12,000 pcm, excl., including gardening
- 10 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- 5 Receptions
This handsome manor house and its surroundings date to the thirteenth century initially having been home to the Tuberville’s and then passed through marriage to the Bingham’s towards the end of the century, which they retained until 1895. The house itself can be traced back from the fifteenth
century onwards and is built primarily of Purbeck stone. The private driveway leads to the medieval gatehouse and onto a private courtyard.
A porch leads into the main hall which dates to the medieval period. The parlour wing, to the west of the hall is lined with eighteenth century panelling and includes a fire surround dating to the same era. Upstairs, the bedrooms and bathrooms are also rich with original features including panelling which ranges from the sixteenth to eighteenth centuries.
The property is divided in to two wings allowing for separate guest or staff accommodation in the west wing above the kitchen and gatehouse, which was once used as a service wing. A particular feature of the property is the immaculately maintained grounds including the private courtyard with large terraced areas, lawns, an extensive kitchen garden and a tennis court. There is plenty of external storage in the various outbuildings/stable block.
A rare opportunity to rent this beautifully furnished property, with its versatile and cosy accommodation which would suit family living. The space, grandeur and elegance afforded by the character and configuration of the internal and external spaces lends itself to entertaining.
The central heating and alarm systems have been recently updated and modernised and there is scope for some updates to the kitchen and bathrooms if required.