East Tisted, Nr Alton / Petersfield, Hampshire
£4,250 pcm, excl.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
Newly Refurbished Five Bedroom, Grade II Listed, Thatched Cottage Situated within the Village of East Tisted
This is a beautifully restored period country cottage, situated on a quiet rural lane within the South Downs National Park. Dating from the Seventeenth Century and constructed of local stone and oak timber framing with a part thatched roof. This property offers a unique combination of heritage, energy efficiency and excellent family living space.
The property is now offered for rental having undergone a complete restoration to modernise by providing open plan living yet at the same time enhance the period character of the property. With the installation of new kitchen, bathrooms, new heating and high-pressure water system, ecological and breathable paint and insulation, lighting and electrics with locally sourced ash flooring throughout the ground floor and re-carpeted upstairs.
The property sits within a half-acre plot. The front and rear gardens are well planted in the traditional cottage style with a large lawn to the rear and sun terrace accessible from the kitchen/dining room. In addition, there is a double garage with a power supply.
This delightful property is within easy reach [12 miles] or the historic town of Alresford with its wealth of small shops, and eateries and accessibly to Petersfield [8 miles] and Alton [6 miles], with amenities and main line stations.
• There are excellent road and rail network links.
• Part of a rural Estate, the property is situated in the heart of East Tisted and within walking distance of the village centre with its church, village hall and post office/shop.
• Southampton airport is an easy 40min drive by car.
• Cowdray Park, Midhurst [17 miles] with both Polo and golf course.
• Goodwood [20 miles] offering horse racing, motor sport, golf courses and country club.
• The coast with Chichester Harbour and West Wittering are approximately 20 miles to the south.
• Ample opportunity for horse riding locally along with a host of footpaths and cycle routes.
• There are a number of independent schools within easy reach including Bedales, Churchers College, Highfield and Brookham along with the Hindhead and Winchester schools.
- Unique combination of heritage, energy efficiency and family living space
- Large open plan kitchen / dining room
- Sitting room with wood burning stove
- Snug / reception room
- Utility room, cloakroom / w.c.
- Ground floor double bedroom with en-suite
- Study / bedroom four
- Three further double bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- Landscaped garden with sun terrace, double garage and driveway parking