East Meon / Nr Petersfield / Alresford / Winchester, Hampshire
£5,000 pcm, excl.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
This is a beautifully restored period country house. Situated on a quiet rural lane in the heart of the South Downs National Park.
The property sits within a substantial plot surrounded by fields and woodland. The garden is well planted in the traditional cottage style with lawns wrapping around the property and a large south facing terraced area.
This delightful property is a short drive [5 miles] from the market town of Petersfield with its wealth of small shops, and eateries or the quintessential English town of Alresford [10 miles].
The property is now offered for rental having undergone a complete restoration to modernise yet at the same time enhance the period character of this beautiful family home. With the installation of new kitchen, bathrooms, new heating and high-pressure water system, lighting and electrics and re-floored throughout.
Externally there is ample parking on the gated private driveway to the front of the property with the addition of a large timber building for storage.
• There are excellent road and rail network links. Petersfield station, serving London Waterloo.
• Cowdray Park Midhurst with both Polo and golf course.
• Goodwood offering horse racing, motor sport, golf courses and country club.
• The coast with Chichester harbour and West Wittering are approximately 16 miles to the south.
• Ample opportunity for horse riding locally along with a host of footpaths and cycle routes.
• There are a number of independent schools within easy reach including Bedales, Highfield and Brookham, Ditcham Park, Churchers College and the Winchester schools.
- Open plan fully fitted kitchen / living area room with electric aga
- Utility room
- Boot / cloakroom and w.c.
- Sitting room with open fire and access to terrace
- Study / play room
- Principal bedroom with en suite and dressing area
- Four further bedrooms
- Two family bath / shower rooms
- Large private garden with terraced area
- Gated gravelled driveway and storage shed