Gas safety is essential all year round, but Gas Safety Week is an ideal opportunity to reiterate to landlords and prospective landlords their ongoing responsibilities
Essential gas safety checks include:
- gas pipework, appliances and flues provided for tenants are maintained in a safe condition.
- all gas appliances and flues provided for tenants’ use have an annual safety check. Tenants can report landlords to the HSE for not providing one.
- a Gas Safety Record is provided to the tenant within 28 days of completing the check or to any new tenant before they move in.
- keep a copy of the Gas Safety Record until two further checks have taken place.
- maintenance and annual safety checks are carried out by a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer.
- For further advise on landlord responsibilities call Claudia Hunt or Kate Morton on 02392 632 275 or see www.countryhousecompany.co.uk