As everyone is talking about GDPR
What Personal Data Do We Collect, And When?
We collect personal data when you submit a form on our website, when we meet in person, when you email us and/or when you telephone us. We may ask you for some or all of the following:
Name, Email address, Postal address, Telephone number, Business name, Payment information
We may need collect additional information for credit referencing and anti money laundering checks, and in compliance with Right to Rent legislation.
We may also use unique identifiers in cookies when you browse our website.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
Under the GDPR we must always have a lawful basis for using your personal data. This lawful basis may be because the data is necessary for performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. We will use your data for the following purposes:
- To respond to any enquiries you submit either in person, via email, telephone or a form on our website.
- To supply our services. Your personal details are required for us to enter into a contract with you.
- To email you news and offers that you have opted in to. Each of these emails contains an unsubscribe link which you may click at any time to opt out of future emails.
For How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
The length of time we keep your personal data will vary depending on the purpose for which it was collected:
- Where you have contacted us but not entered into a contract with us, your data will be kept for 5 years after the last date of contact.
- Where you have entered into a contract with us, your data will be kept for 7 years after the termination of the contract or 5 years after the last date of contact, whichever is later.
How and Where Do We Store or Transfer Your Personal Data?
We store your data on our servers in the UK. We may also store your data in and transfer it to and from our cloud service providers in the UK, EU and US.
Any printed paperwork containing personal data will be stored securely in our offices.
Do We Share Your Personal Data?
We will not share your personal data with any third parties for marketing purposes. We may share your data in the following ways:
- With payment service providers to process your payment and to prevent fraud
- With our cloud storage providers when storing and backing up our data
- With our accountants and lawyers where there is a legitimate business requirement to do so
- With legitimate business contacts for the maintenance of a property or for the fulfilment of a contract
- If you opt in to marketing emails, with our providers of email marketing services
- We may also share your details if legally compelled to do so by a regulator or lawful authority.
How Can You Access Your Personal Data?
You can contact us to request details and a copy of any personal data we hold. This is called a “subject access request”. You can do this using the contact details below, or the form at https://www.countryhousecompany.co.uk/subject-access-request/
There is normally no charge for a subject access request, though if your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive” (such as making repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administration costs.